music i like

bjork
there's always so much more to her music every time i listen to it. it's a new experience every time... always dictated by the mood i'm in, and always changing the mood i'm in. her music makes me anxious mostly. sometimes it makes me miss my friends. other times it's unpredictable. her live performances though... i don't know... they're always cool conceptually, but she bounces on stage and moves like a poorly programmed robot... her albums are sweet though.

death cab for cutie
i discovered deathcab on the crux of their transatlanticism album quite accidentally. but their music is one of the largest driving forces for me wanting to make music, and enjoying music. i listened to plans over 200 times when it came out. i'm still not sick of it. every time i hear ben gibbards voice singing over the stereo i can't help but think that maybe i could do what they do. they're so extraordinarily ordinary.

sufjan stevens
what is this guy besides amazing. my friend dan says he was once part of an islamic cult. if that's what it takes to play over 40 instruments and be a freaking genius, sign me up. dan could be lying though. he's italian like me.

dave matthews band
they're all so talented, and still so talented when they're drunk. a few years ago i asked a friend (who didn't even really listen to them) "hey, what songs should i listen to if i want to get into dave matthews band?" foolish decision. they're amazing. and carter beauford (BOW-ferd) is my hero. well... my mom is. but he's close. very close.

thrice
such musically diverse hardcore it blows my mind. my friend andrew does a partial cover of music box that would blow you away. my glorious>music box>salty grave medley. it's like the ultimate vegetable medley of music. also, check out dustin kensrue. their lead who did a solo project.

brand new
black rebel motorcycle club
regina spektor
ryan adams
bright eyes
bluegrass covers of pop songs
maroon 5
the killers
anathallo
copeland
derek webb
page france
jars of clay
david crowder band
john mayer
coltrane
thelonious monk
beck
moby
u2
interpol
fall out boy
wilco
radiohead
kanye west
miles davis
needtobreathe
dustin kensrue
dispatch
coldplay
david monica
formal action
billy joel
postal service
counting crows
sigur ros

burn me a cd. that's what jesse did. now i love matt pond pa.

No comments: